Give the gift of fun, sustainability and convenience this Christmas
The UK’s leading micromobility provider, Beryl, is offering the chance to give the gift of a bike, e-bike or e-scooter this Christmas, without breaking the bank.
To help encourage even more people to travel sustainably, the company is now allowing people to purchase Minute Bundles as gift vouchers ahead of Christmas 2022.
An eco-friendly and time-saving gift option, the vouchers don’t require packaging, travel or transportation and can be sent electronically via email; providing the recipient with access to reliable and sustainable transport without the burdens of ownership and storage.
Beryl CEO and co-founder Phil Ellis said: “Our mission has always been to remove the barriers to micromobility and encourage even more people to travel sustainably.
“By giving someone a Beryl voucher as a gift, you’re providing them with a fun and convenient way to get around that contributes towards reducing congestion and carbon emissions.
“It’s also incredibly cost effective, removing the need to pay for charging, fuel, insurance, maintenance, security and any of the extra costs associated with owning a private vehicle.
“The vouchers are also a great way for people to trial two-wheeled travel for themselves and experience all of the benefits first hand.”
Customers can choose who the voucher is delivered to and when, allowing the recipient to redeem the minutes via the Beryl app whenever they choose and get riding. The vouchers, which waive the £1 unlock fee for pedal bikes, but not e-bikes or e-scooters, can be bought in the following denominations:
- 100 minutes for £5
- 200 minutes for £10
- 300 minutes for £15
- 400 minutes for £20
For more details on how to give either an existing or new rider the gift of a Beryl voucher this Christmas, visit beryl.cc/gifts
You can hire a Beryl e-bike or an e-scooter through the Beryl app, available for free download on the App Store for iOS, and the Google Play Store for Android users.
E-scooter riders are required to provide a valid UK Driving Licence to participate. They are also asked to provide feedback on their experiences using the vehicles to support data learnings on operating the service.
Beryl e-scooters can be used on roads, cycle lanes, carriageways and other areas where cycling is permitted but not on pavements. Every Beryl e-scooter has vehicle approval from the Department for Transport (DfT), ensuring it meets the highest safety standards.
Beryl’s three e-scooter trial schemes - in Norwich, Bournemouth and Poole and the Isle of Wight - were recently extended until May 2024 by the DfT. Beryl will continue to consult with key organisations as the trial progresses.
Notes to editors
- Beryl is the UK's leading micromobility company, championing sustainable travel options to help reduce road congestion and improve air quality and public health.
- We contribute to British industry by utilising UK-based assembly as well as developing and using UK-made technology.
- We have delivered affordable bike, e-bike, cargo bike and scooter schemes in locations around the country; including Norwich, Watford, Hereford, Bournemouth, the Isle of Wight, Hackney, Greater Manchester and, most recently, Cornwall.
- A B-Corp certified operator, we deliver schemes in partnership with cities and communities, placing people, social responsibility and environmental sustainability at the same level as financial sustainability.
- We also provide technology for micromobility schemes in London and Birmingham and manufacture innovative technological solutions, such as the Laserlight.